Sacramento Cricket Association Rules for 2017 Season Summer League
EC Members for the Year 2017-2018:
Taran Shergill (President)
Dan Sahadeo (Vice-President)
Fouad Ziaa (Secretary)
Ghazi Alvi (Statistician)
Club Representatives/Board for 2017; Key responsibilities for club reps/board members include working with their clubs to communicate key decisions, schedules, rules etc… to their clubs. These members will be key decision makers for their clubs and will have each one vote in any poll sent out.
Folsom CC:(FCC 1, FCC 2 and FCC 3) Sriram Akella
BDSCC: Jatender Dhami
Tigers CC: Mohammed Khader
Davis CC: (Davis, Daredevils and United) Naresh Sabnis
SSS Lions CC: (SSS Lions and Lagaan) Manjinder Malhi
Roseville CC: Pavan Shah
Lodi Cricket Club: Zahid Khan
Bradshaw Cricket Club: Happy Dhugga
Woodland Cricket Club: Chetan Malhotra
LionsXI CC: Parmpreet Pabla
Gladiators: Zafar Iqbal
Savage CC: Bilal Shahid
Note: Any Rules not mentioned specifically below are in the “SCA Rules Governing Play” Document on the SCA Hits Cricket Web Site. All Teams and Umpires are expected to read the rules and understand them for fair conduct of the matches.
- As of April 15th, 2017, all teams should have paid their registration fees. Ground insurance process has been completed and is now through GIG and not through USACA. SCA is not paying USACA membership fees until ICC lifts suspension of USACA.
- Division A: BDSCC, Lodi CC, FCC-1, TCC, DCC-2, SSS Lions
Division B: BCC, FCC-2, Lagaan, RCC, Lions XI, UCC , WWCC, Daredevils, Savage, FCC-3
- Most of the rules for A and B division will remain same as last year: \
a. A-division will play 35 overs a side game.
- Balls: all matches will be played with the balls supplied by EC. No other brand should be used.
- Rosters: All teams should have complete rosters on sca.hitscricket.com before they play their first game of the season. Rosters should have full name as listed on their official ID (DMV License, passport) with a photo. Any new player joining a team/club and playing after the first game of the season should have his name uploaded to the website before he plays a second game for the same team/club.
- Player after playing 50% of the games to a team, can’t change roaster. After playing 50% of the games, he will be locked to that team roaster.
- Player Sharing:
- Players cannot be shared between two teams in different clubs.
- Players cannot be shared between two teams in the same club and in the same Division.
- Players can be shared between two teams of the same club in different divisions. A player in roster of Team A cannot play more than half the number of games in the other division for Team B. Example - FCC has two teams, FCC-I playing in DivA and FCC-II playing in Div B for 2015. A player on roster of FCC-I can play a maximum of 7 games only for FCC-II in Div B. Similarly, a player on roster of FCC-II can play a maximum of 7 games only for FCC-I in Div A.
- Players cannot change rosters or clubs after 50% of the games have been played by that team or club.
- Play off rosters within a club with two teams (in different divisions) have to be decided before play offs start. Any player who has played one third of the games for both teams within the club is eligible to play for any one team in the playoffs in case both teams (in different divisions) within a club qualify for playoffs.
- Play-off eligibility: A player has to play a minimum of One-Third of the total number of games for a team to be eligible to play for the same team in the play-offs.
For 2017 in Div A – a player has to play min 5 games and in Div B – a player has to play min 3 games to be eligible for play-offs.
- 30 yard circle and boundary should be measured. Teams cannot use approximation. Exceptions only based on ground conditions.
- Match Rules:
Power Plays: There will be 3 power plays as follows:
- Powerplay 1 - no more than two (2) fieldsmen shall be permitted outside the fielding restriction area (30 yard circle). Div A (35 overs): These are overs 1 to 7 inclusive; Div B (25 overs): These are overs 1to 5 inclusive.
- Powerplay 2 - no more than four (4) fieldsmen shall be permitted outside the fielding restriction area (30 yard circle). Div A (35 overs): These are overs 8 to 28 inclusive; Div B (25 overs): These are overs 6 to 20 inclusive.
- Powerplay 3 - no more than five (5) fieldsmen shall be permitted outside the fielding restriction area (30 yard circle). Div A (35 overs): These are overs 29 to 35 inclusive; Div B (25 overs): These are overs 21 to 25 inclusive.
- The delivery following a no ball called (all modes of no ball – front foot, above waist high ball, field restriction violation) shall be a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. If the delivery for the free hit is not a legitimate delivery (any kind of no ball or a wide ball) then the next delivery will become a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it.
- One bouncer (ball going over the shoulder) per over is allowed. No-ball will be called from second bouncer in an over. d. Bouncers over the head can be called a wide in addition to counting as 1 bouncer per over.
- All other rules, including code of conduct, as listed in the ICC site for ODI rules (Link: http://icc-live.s3.amazonaws.com/cms/media/about_docs/542bbed14ad2e- 2%20_Standard_ODI_2014-15_Final_Oct_14.pdf) will be followed for both Div. A and Div. B.
- Umpires - Penalty for umpires no show is 4 penalty points per umpire so if none of the umpires show up for their scheduled that team will be penalized 8 points. In addition to penalty for umpire no show, the following additional penalties to be applied for umpire not showing up on time. 50% reduction in umpire fees for the umpire showing up late and 1 penalty point for umpiring team if game cannot start on time because umpire(s) were late.
- Umpires - Each team needs to have at least 6 certified umpires at beginning of season. Umpiring fees are: $60 for ICC certified umpire, $50 for SCA certified umpire, $30 for uncertified umpire. At least one certified umpire must be sent for each umpiring assignment otherwise umpiring team gets 4 penalty points. Uncertified umpire doing main umpiring will be penalized 4 points. Only the certified umpire should do main umpiring unless both umpires are uncertified.
- Walkouts are strictly prohibited during games. Teams are expected to continue playing and finish the game to its conclusion unless there is an immediate threat to a player or team from another player or team. Umpires will determine and make decision accordingly. Penalty for undue walkout is 10 penalty points and the game with bonus points will be awarded to the opposing team. a. Any team walking out for more than 1 game during a season will penalized as per the above rule and captain is banned for 1 game and will be placed on probation for the rest of the season.
- Uploading Score-sheets: Teams have to upload score-sheets by the next Thu. Night 11:59 PM after the game. Teams not uploading score-sheets by Thu. Night 11:59 PM will be penalized 2 points. Captain will be banned for 1 games if a team has not uploaded score-sheets for 3 games in a season. This penalty will carry over to the next season if a team has not uploaded score sheets for the third time in their last game of the season. If team chose to do “Live Scoring” on the app, they do not need to abide by this rule. However, teams must ensure that all information is properly filled.
- League season starts in April 2017 and ends in Sep/Oct. Plays offs will be from Oct 8 onwards. Quarter Finals / Semi Finals for play offs for both divisions will be played on the home ground of team with higher points in the league standings. Finals for play offs for both divisions will played on the home ground of the team with higher points in the league standings.
- No constraints are accepted for playoff matches in any division.
- There will be one reserve day for each of the semi-finals in case of rain on the scheduled dates. The reserve day will be the next weekend from the original date. If the reserve day also gets washed out, the team with the highest number of points in the league standings qualify for the finals. Exact days will be published by EC along with the play-offs schedule for both Divisions. SCA EC has the final say in these decisions.
- There will be two reserve days for the finals in case of rain on the scheduled date. The first reserve day will the next weekend and the second reserve day will be two weekends from the originally scheduled date. Exact days will be published by EC along with the play-offs schedule for both Divisions. If both the reserve days are also washed out, both finalists will be declared joint Play-off Champions. (Applies for both divisions). SCA EC has the final say in these decisions.
- Toss has to be done 15 min before every game (9:00).
- Every team has to have a minimum of 7 players before the start time of 9:00 AM. Game will not start without min of 7 players from each team. Penalty of 1 over for every 5 minutes will be given to the team without min. 7 player. If min. 7 players are not present even after 45min after start time game will be awarded to the opposing team.
- Game to start at 9:00 AM (exceptions apply for ground conditions). First ball has to be bowled at the start time. 1 over penalty for every 5 minute delay on team responsible for delay. Penalties start from 9:01 AM onwards.
- First innings: 9:00 to 11:00 am (2 hrs maximum)-1 over penalty for every 5 minute delay to fielding team when they come to bat (assuming delay caused by team fielding first).
- Break: 11:00 to 11:20 AM (20 minutes)
- Second innings:11:20 AM to 1:20 PM (2 hrs maximum) – for every 5 minute delay batting team will be awarded runs equivalent to 1st innings run rate (assuming delay caused by team fielding second).
c. Colored clothes and padding are mandatory.
Umpires have to enforce this rule. This rule has been prevailing for the last 3 years but umpires are now mandated to have stricter enforcement to this rule and the Penalties. Any player not in colored uniform will not be allowed to play. Batsman without colored padding will not be allowed to bat. If a team shows up with less than 7 players in uniform the umpires will award the game to the other team.
d. All teams in SCA have to arrange for their own colored uniforms.
They can choose any color or style but all 11 uniforms for a team have to be the same (color, design and style) with SCA LOGO which is mandatory. Players not in uniform and/or colored clothing will not be allowed to play.
BOD Meeting 2017 Decisions:
- If any player plays 51% or more in any of their club team then that player is LOCKED IN for that specific team for rest of the season. In PLAY OFFs, player cannot play for the team other than the one he played 51% or more of the scheduled games. EX: Player A played 51% or more scheduled games for TEAM-A; He is locked in for TEAM-A. He cannot play in play offs for TEAM-B. Even if he meets eligibility for play offs, which is 1/3.
- Player cannot change team (within club) for play offs once he has played 51% or More in any of his club team. Even if minimum eligibility for play offs is met.
- Any player involved in physical assault/altercation with another player or members should be suspended for minimum of 12-months, if found guilty.
- New penalty added in the section 2.8 in the Infractions Penalties found in Rules Governing Play
- New clubs must pay $200 more than existing ones. Old rule requires new clubs enrolling in SCA to pay $100 more than existing clubs.
- Note A:- Fee for New Clubs will be $1100 for the season 2017 and onward until amended.
- Note B: - Fee for the existing clubs will be $900 for the season 2017 and onward until amended.